Home > Rules&Policies > Visa policies >
1．The competent authorities of the Chinese Government will issue the appropriate visa to the foreigners according to the purpose of their visit. Visa categories are expressed in corresponding Chinese phonetic alphabets, such as D, Z, X, F, L, G, C and so on. Visas relevant to foreign Students are X and F Visa.
2. Foreign students who come to China to study for a period of six months or more should apply for X visa. In order to apply for study visa, students need to present certificate provided by the receiving unit, namely Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202). For those who apply for F visa, the certificate of the receiving unit is might also needed.
3. X-visa holders must go to the Public Security Bureau to apply for Residence Permit within 30 days after arriving in China.
Foreign students applying for residence permit should go through the following formalities:
* Hand over the originals of the valid passport and visa for examination;
* Fill out the Residence Permit Application Form. The school will audit it and input the information into Visa Application System. After the Exit and Entry Administration approves the application form, it will be printed out with a bar code on it and then stamped.
* Then take along your passport, Residence Application Form provided by school, Admission Notice, JW202 Form, Foreigner Physical Examination Form issued or certified by Beijing Quarantine Bureau, the on-campus or off-campus Temporary Residence Certificate and 2 recent 2-inch photos with white background(full face without hat) and go to Beijing Public Security Bureau to apply for a residence permit.
4．Information about Exit and Entry Administration of Beijing Public Security Bureau
Address: No.2 An Ding Men East Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing(to the east of Xiaojieqiao)
Take subway line2 to Yonghe Lama Temple station, take the Southeast Exit and then walk east about 500m
Office Hours: Monday to Saturday 8:30am to 16:30pm (except legal holidays )